Old June 26th 05, 09:26 PM
F.L. Whiteley

Russ Haggerty wrote:

On 20 Jun 2005 22:01:06 GMT, Sruti Raju
wrote:

I am working towards my Glider Pilots Licence and am
spending a lot of time on the internet trying to find
a suitable glider to see if I can afford to purchase.

I am looking for a self launching aerobatic glider.
The thing is that it I have not seen any costs being
posted on any of the sites that I visited. Can someone
tell me how much a Windex 1200C glider cost? and if
it is obtainable in the US? none of the folks at my
school seem to know .....

You have to contact them direct for a price and availability.
Go to their web site www.windex.se/Main.htm and see.

Last kit price I recall was $38,000US, in about 2000, but don't recall
whether that included engine/prop. I doubt they are still in production,
but who knows. Probably less than ten built worldwide.

This one's been listed for a few months.

'97 Windex 1200C. 350 hrs. TT A&E; NDH; custom trailer, extra engine, many
mods. World's fastest self-launching unlimited aerobatic sailplane. see at
www.stevecoan.com NC Email: Posted: 12/15/2004.

Judging by the website, he's no longer doing shows.

AFAIC, these are not for the neophyte.

Frank