Old December 12th 08, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Rotax 912UL TBO in years?

wrote:
I'm aware that the 912UL has a TBO of 1500 hours (up from 1200 not
long ago).

What I'm wondering about is if there's also a time-based TBO. For
example, I know the Lyc 235 has, in addition to its 2400 hours TBO, a
10 year TBO; in other words, an engine 10 years SMO is to be
considered *run-out* despite the number of hours on the engine. (At
least this is what my mechanic who appraised a C152 for me a few years
ago said.)

However, I can't find anything in the Rotax literature to suggest such
a time-based TBO.

If the airplane isn't for hire and meets specs at annual, why would
you care?

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.