Old January 1st 04, 03:47 AM
John Giddy

"mike maskell" wrote in message
news:MoDIb.880730$pl3.401057@pd7tw3no...
| I thank everyone for the great advice on replacing cables
and such. However
| my problem lies, not in obtaining the cable, (I can get
1/8" 7x19 cable
| locally), but in finding the proper size turn-barrell ends
(threaded to go
| into the brass adjuster), and the eye-end to attach to
structure forward of
| the rudder pedals. By measuring the size and thread
pitch, they appear to
| be different size than what would be considered normal (as
in an MS or AN
| standard).
|
| The threaded ends and the eye-ends would be swaged onto
the cable with a
| special tool, and using a Nico-press tool would not work.
|
| So, back to my original question......does anyone know of
a source for these
| "European" style threaded ends or eye-ends.
|
| Our flying season in still 3 months away so plenty of time
to source them
| out, but I need help.

Is there room to replace the swaged-on ends with normal eyes
where the cable is attached by threading through the eye,
using a thimble to avoid abrasion of the cable by the eye,
and a Nicopress sleeve to complete the attachment ? In this
case, also see the Aircraft Spruce catalogue for complete
turnbuckle assemblies with a variety of ends.
Alternatively, they also have swageable screwed ends, but
they would probably fit AN or similar barrels only.
Cheers, John G.