Old November 2nd 06, 11:01 AM
bagmaker bagmaker is offline
Senior Member

Location: Melbourne Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp
Ok, I'll bite. This is what I want:
- 15 meter, 45:1, 300 pound empty weight, 200 knot redline
- Turboprop self launch using something like this:
http://www.jetcatusa.com/spt5.html
This little thing could put out 55 lb of thrust and weigh (without
prop, frame, gearing etc.) 2.5 kg
- 6-8 gallon fuel capacity, good for 90 minutes
- Total delivered cost: US$70-80,000

This can be done today, and in fact, when the Sparrowhawk's racing
model comes out (no dates yet), it will fulfill the glider requirements
above. Of course I'm optimistic, but all the technology exists today
for all these requirements. I expect to buy this in the next 2-3
years.

Kemp

If you want to extend your range of choices in IC powered gliders, call
up Windward Performance and ask them when their self-launching
SparrowHawk will be available. They delivered one to Mississippi
University for the UAV program, and now plan to build another, with a
purpose unknown to me.[/i][/color]
25 hour service interval? I was hooked untill then, anyone know why?

Bagmaker