Old October 25th 03, 07:51 PM
Montblack

("Jim Weir" wrote)
Another thought is to put some sort of oven pan with a mat of some sort

that
would let the gasoline evaporate slowly from under the mat. The problem

is
finding a nonflammable mat that gasoline will not attack chemically.

Pet store (or a garage sale) buy a lizard heating rock. $10.

Put the flat rock UNDER, maybe a large brownie pan, and insulate around the
rock.

We used a 2" thick piece of rigid pink insulation and cut out the shape of
the rock. Rock fit flush in the hole. Then we also put another piece of
rigid pink UNDER the rock, So now the rock/insulation layer is sandwiched
between a solid piece of 2" insulation on the bottom and the container on
top.

The rock should be upside-down in the insulation hole to mate up with the
bottom of whatever you're using as a drip pan.

Run a couple of bands of duct tape around the pink edges for that "finished"
look and you're all set.

For us it was an aquarium for the lizard (anole) brought home from school at
the end of the year, by the 3rd grade niece. Kept that sucker alive for 2
years.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/nature/w...iles/anole.htm

You know, any small heating pad would work in this setup. I had a waterbed
heater that I kept for years after the bed had been thrown away. Used the
pad all the time. Gave the pad to my sister a while back, haven't seen it
since.

Or ...a can of yellow foam insulation is $2.95 - $3.95 ...and it's fun to
play with. Wear latex gloves because that stuff turns your hands black,
before it hardens.

Whatever you choose, just separate the heating thing from the thermal mass
pan thing.

Good luck.
--
Montblack
"Styled by the laws of nature.............Concorde"