Old August 20th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Orion Kingman

Default Backup Flight Data Recorder?

Fox Two wrote:
Hello All,

I'm new to racing, and I have a new D-2b on order from Germany. I'm
considering installing a backup Flight Data Recorder (FDR) to my
Cambridge 302, and I'm curious to see how many other competition pilots
choose to have a backup FDR as well. What kind of backup FDRs do you
use?

Thanks in advance for any advice you have!

Chris Fleming, 'F2'
El Paso, Texas

Yes I fly with a backup FDR. I don't think waht you choose to fly with
is a important as how you have it set up. Current;y I am using a CAI
302 as my primary, and a CAI 302A as my secondary (previously I was
using a colibri as my secondary), but I always have my secondary on an
isolated electrical system.

Orion Kingman
DV8