Old September 30th 11, 07:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Max Kellermann

Default XCSoar Questions

akiley wrote:
I still occasionally get kicked out of the app and have to restart
it, but it happens less with each upgrade. That said, this type of
thing happens with SeeYou and iPaq too.

We expect that this does not happen at all, and we take every bug
report very serious. On Windows CE, the unstable operating system and
ancient flaky hardware is responsible for most crashes. But on
Android, once we get a good bug report, it's usually fairly easy to
fix.

What we need in a bug report is a "logcat" (Android's system log).
Install an app such as "CatLog" from the market. When XCSoar crashes,
use CatLog to save the log to a file. Upload that file to a bug
report on our bug tracker (http://www.xcsoar.org/trac/newticket).

Bugs don't get fixed magically, they only get fixed if users report
them to us.

(And thanks for praising XCSoar, all on the team are putting a lot of
sweat into it ...)

Max