Old June 7th 05, 01:32 PM

Ben Jackson wrote:
I found my nose gear door detached from the linkage while preflighting
at Boeing Field. In theory all I needed was a phillips head screwdriver,
but I had to disassemble the end of the linkage to get to it, which
required removing a cotter pin. Leatherman to the rescue!

Of course now I'm thinking paranoid thoughts about more elaborate toolkits
for the plane, and just how much such a kit would shift my CG...

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/

No need to get paranoid or having your CG to shift.
Just a leatherman, duct-tape, some tie-raps and superglue.
Thats all you need for most (simple)repairs.
I know, it sounds a bit A-team style but it works.

-Kees