Old August 23rd 04, 01:16 PM
Doug Vetter

Mitty wrote:
Can anyone point me to web or print resources with discussion of how to
best utilize two pilots in small airplanes? Who does what, etc. I have
found lots of airline-level material but really nothing that relates to
flying light singles. Or maybe someone who regularly flies with a pilot
spouse? How do you split the workload?

Mitty,

I routinely fly IFR with a crew partner in our 172. I've long
considered writing up the procedures we've honed over the last several
years, but I never seem to find the time.

A year or so ago, however, I wrote up a travelogue of a flight that
demonstrated some of what we do. Though we've changed a few procedural
details since this was written, it may still be of help if you're simply
looking for ideas on how to write up your own procedures. Go to my site
and click through:

Aviation-Articles-Travelogues-Exercise in Crew Coordination

Safe flying,

-Doug

--
Doug Vetter, CFIMEIA