Old October 13th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
raulb

Default New Swan Sailplane Trailer

Hello all,

My associate in Germany, Klaus Fey, is planning to bring a brand new
Swan Sailplane Trailer to the Memphis SSA Convention and offer it for
sale, as he did to the last two Conventions in Ontario and Arlington.

Anyone thinking about a new trailer could save some bucks purchasing
the Swan. I will not lie to you, it is not a Cobra, but it is very,
very close and is better than a Komet. The Swan trailer actually has
some features that, in my opinion, are better than what you can get on
a Cobra (and vice versa of course).

The Swan has a strong foam-fiberglass sandwich top that has supported
my subtantial weight with no difficulty. It also has aluminum sides
and a composite floor of some kind. The tongue is triangular and not
just a single pole. A foot at the rear of the trailer allows loading
and unloading without tipping. It also has a wide range of accessories
that are available, probably equal to what is available from other
manufacturers (I have never compared lists).

There are only 3-4 Swan trailers in the US at the moment. At Ontario,
I purchased that trailer (with a LS-1 in it). At Arlington, Ray
Lovinggood purchased the trailer and took it home to, by coincidence,
put his LS-1 in it. We both are happy as clams (pun intended) with our
trailers. I get a lot of compliments on mine (even from Cobra owners).

If you think you might be interested in a Swan trailer, please feel
free to contact me as I am the US rep. The trailer can be imported
either empty or with a new (or used) sailplane in it. Unless otherwise
requested, the trailer that is imported will be a standard, 15 meter
trailer but with enough warning it can be built to fit any size (length
or cord) wing/fuselage combination.

Photos of my trailer available by request.

Thank you and please forgive the pitch.

Raul Blacksten
PO Box 307
Maywood, CA 90270