Old July 28th 08, 07:17 AM posted to alt.usenet.kooks,rec.arts.drwho,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.abortion,alt.fan.art-bell

Default WINNERS! Usenet Kook Awards, June 2008

On 27 Jul, 23:09, The Black Goat With A Thousand Young
wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 11:01:57 -0700, pbowles fixed me with a beady
eye, and foamed wildly:

On 27 Jul, 11:03, The Demon of Mockery wrote:
Hail Eris! Friendly Neighborhood Vote Wrangler wrote:

"20th Century Fox Fanfare"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z54ynmUPZ5c

The time has come to announce the winners of the June 2008 Usenet
Kook Awards. *Envelopes, please!

BOBO AWARD

The winner is...SCOTT "WEREO" LIFSHINE!

Scott "Wereo" Lifshine

*21 votes YES
*01 votes NO

Congratulations, Wereo! *For not only exposing your kookery in a
court of law, but consenting to have your small claim case televised,
you have shown that your kookery knows no bounds when it comes to
publicity. Furthermore, the televising of your time before the bench
and the archiving of that incident on YouTube means that you have now
achieved the bare minimum for the "global humiliation" standard for
this most esteemed award that alt.usenet.kooks gives out for lifetime
achievement in kookery.

Anyone want to give the lowdown on this (or the Youtube link)?

Hang on...Weird, I don't know how it vanished -- might've been a victim of
trimming, in which case, go find the nearest wall for a little head-bounce.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l7Gac3AthnY

"Do I have a million dollars yet, or do I have to get a job?" Hehe.
However, are you sure this fellow's for real (and was that trial for
real - televised trials are one thing, but this looked as though it
was lifted straight from a Jerry Springer-style talk show) - he was
smirking a lot as he insisted he was the world's best film producer
etc,

VICTOR VON FRANKENSTEIN WEIRD SCIENCE AWARD

The winner is..."PHOTON DEGRADATION' BY DOUBLE-A!

*"Photon Degradation" by Double-A

*20 votes YES
*00 votes NO

Congratulations, Double-A! *It looks like all the weird science
thrown around alt.astronomy has finally infiltrated your
consciousness. *It was only a matter of time.

"Tired light." Hee-hee!

? Sounds worse than Aggy - where's this to be found? And don't say
alt.astronomy...

That's the only place of which I am aware.

I meant, be more specific.

DOUGLAS GRANT MEDAL FOR HISTORICAL REVISIONISM

The winner is...JOHN WENTZKY!

*12 votes "Confederate Flag revisionism" by John Wentzky *09 votes
"Protocols of the Elders of Zion" by Bloxy/Nukleus *01 votes Neither
of the above

Congratulations, John-Boy! *Your original revisionism about the
Confederate States of America eked out a win over the repeated
reprinting of the most notorious piece of bogus revisionist history,
to say nothing of the mother of all conspiracy theories (the
grandmother being anything involving the Knights Templar), still
extant. *All that was missing was the cry of "The South Shall Rise
Again!" * Yes, it will, but not because of revisionists like you.

I'd give this one a look too. You really should provide links to the
background of these things for the benefit of interested (read: bored)
bystanders.

That one was alt.abortion. In this .sig, you will find several quotes
from Teh Wentzky, including one from the discussion which led to the
nomination (that'd be the meltdown). He's already won KOTM, but it's
quite likely that he'll win Looney Maroon a number of times before he's
incarcerated for assault, and wins his own Bobo. Incidentally, Bob
Officer has a far more complete archive of Wentzkyisms, and I can assure
you they're all hilarious -- I first encountered him in 2001 or 2002,
thereabouts, and raised quite a lot of foam.

From his meltdown he seems more rabidly hateful than entertaining -
the best bit about Aggy's prejudices is his bizarre efforts to
rationalise them (have you run across him trying to cite Plato in
support of his views on homosexuality yet?) Not at all sure what that
red candy stuff was about.

I did like "This case had no effect on my life, except to affect it
adversely", though.

Phil