Old September 18th 16, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default Grob 103 ASI Very Sensitive in Yaw?

Ours is a fairly early 103 (has the trim tab on the elevator). The pitot is a short brass tube in the leading edge of the vertical stab. I need to figure out which statics are connected.

I've flown a lot of different Grobs (I owned a single-place Astir, used to teach in a bunch of other 103s), and this particular one has always (since we got it) had this issue. So, it's not something recent.

I have to dig up a maintenance manual, but in the meantime, anyone know if there are two sets of statics? One set is in the forward fuselage. I think the other is in the tail boom (if there is another set). I assume one set was used for the initial certification, so I'd like to make sure we are on those for the ASI.

FWIW - one ASI was sent back to Winter for repair and calibration last year, so it's a "known good" instrument.

P3