Old September 11th 18, 06:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobW

Default Accidents resulting from medical issues

I long ago concluded "I'm OK with sudden/unexpected single-pilot deaths - mine
or others - in the general aviation/sport-flying community," (even though they
likely "fuzz up" explicit accident conclusions. Kinda-sorta related, "for all
practical purposes," sudden death vs. chronological age is only loosely
correlated; IMO aging realities have a *big* standard deviation...as has
previously been anecdotally noted in this thread.

At the same time - personalizing things a bit more - I've long held the view
that I never wanted to become one of those pilots "we all know at the home
gliderport" who I felt "should hang up his spurs," for general safety's sake.

Both entirely personal views, which work for me.

Bob W.

---
https://www.avg.com