Old November 14th 03, 03:27 AM
Thomas Schoene

Henry J. Cobb wrote:
http://www.forbes.com/markets/newswi...tr1147489.html
Among systems that could be set back, other Air Force officials have
said, are Lockheed Martin Corp.'s F/A-22 multirole fighter and the
F-35 Joint Strike Fighter.

What with the Navy's cutbacks it looks like the Marines are the only
branch commited to the JSF these days.

Henry, I dub thee Chicken Little. The sky seems to be constantly falling on
you.

The Navy's JSF procurement cutback isn't a loss of confidence or anything
like it. It's simply a reflection of increased availability and lower total
numbers of aircraft deployed aboard carriers. I have no doubt they remain
comitted to the overall program, because they desperately want a serious
first day stealth capability, and only JSF can offer it.

"If brave men and women never died, there would be nothing
special about bravery." -- Andy Rooney (attributed)