Old November 14th 03, 05:21 PM
Tarver Engineering

"redc1c4" wrote in message
Tarver Engineering wrote:

So what I wrote in the first place is correct.

Of course I would not necessarily believe lockmart that the titanium "is
working" as the program has a history of hiding deficiencies. Those
deficiencies covered up include these same tail cracks, which wa a story
broken by Reuters 6 months after the delamination was discovered.

The only way to know if the third attempt to fix the F-22's tail is to

fly
the airplane 500 hours.

what you wrote in the first place in the thread is:

"You men like the 8 inchers added to the F-22 wings? "

how that squares with Lockheed's reply, and the picture provided,
is something i'll leave to you to explain.

Lockmart is trying to peddle strike three in their series of tail fixes as
one that has already worked, but it is going to take 500 hours of flight to
know that.