Old May 17th 14, 07:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default LiFePO4 Batteries

On Monday, April 28, 2014 2:18:09 PM UTC-7, wrote:
We have delivered many of these batteries with no complaints. They hold a charge extremely well. Our Duo has all the fancy electronics including transponder, etc, and we tested using only one battery for more than 6 hours, still showing full voltage. We actually have two batteries installed, so it is doubtful we could ever drain the very light weight batteries even on long ridge flights.

The required charger recharges in about two hours.

Tom Knauff

www.eglider.org

So I am considering replacing one of my batteries with LifePO4 and keep the Gel Cell as my second battery, at least for another season or two. My question is if I can cause any damage when operating them in parallel. My batteries operate in parallel for short time when switching from one to the other, as well as at the end of long flights to get enough power from two weak batteries. Will this be an issue when mixing batteries?

Ramy