Old February 22nd 16, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Seminole Lake Owner Arrested

Well, Casey, I'm glad you had a good time.

Unfortunately, you decided to delve into victim-blaming by suggesting "Sometimes the way people treat us is due to how we treat others."

I have heard this so many times. "Maybe if she didn't wear that top, then guys wouldn't stare." "Maybe if she didn't say that, then guys wouldn't proposition her".

Whether I am a woman or a man, stop assuming that somehow I deserved to be treated poorly.

Regards, Susan

On Saturday, February 20, 2016 at 8:30:21 AM UTC-5, Casey wrote:
Well, if that were only true.

I have been to Seminole Lake twice in the last few years, and I have found it to be the worst run organization in aviation, of any kind, that I have ever been to. Yes, they have a nice clubhouse and a nice grass strip, but the staff is so rude and disorganized that I will never go back there again.

--Susan

Susan, Sorry you feel this way or believed you were treated poorly. I just left there on Feb 19th, and all staff were professional, knowledgeable, and courteous. I have been to Seminole 3-4 times in the past few years as well and I can not think of anything negative about the place.

While there I saw Cliff performing maintenance on a Pawnee, an AD being done on the 103, the field being mowed, general cleaning, and a lot of socializing. I did inquire to Cliff about the tow ropes that were being used and he was very informative about the ropes retirement time, ect.

I know the office manager is attending school and several different accasions someone else stood by for her, but I saw no discontinuity in operation..

I don't think the amount of money I spent there had any difference in the way I was treated. However, I was not demanding nor treated anyone like they were working for me and I gave an occasional hand to help get a glider in and out of a hangar. Sometimes the way people treat us is due to how we treat others. Just hard for me to believe everyone on staff woke up on the wrong side of bed on the same days.

PS: While there I did notice that Mihai called several times.

Casey