Old March 9th 10, 09:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default FS: Vans RV-8

On Mar 8, 12:39*pm, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:
Sadly, my father is putting up for sale the project of his life. Its an RV-8
homebuilt airplane. About fifteen years ago, I visited my dad and seen a
pile of AL sheeting and extruded AL support stock for ribs etc. I spent two
days with him fabricating one side of the vertical fin on the tail. I
thought, "there ain't no way". *Well, only 6000 logged hours of work later,
it flew. He went on to outfit it with every conceivable electronic
navigation device for full IFR rating.

Here's a couples links. Kinda shows what's involved.http://www.rv8.ch/http://www.vansair...ic/rv-8int.htm

If you're in the market for a meticulously home built *aircraft, this is one
hell-of-a deal. Here's the specs:

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 710- CT * * * * *ASKING
PRICE---$90,000

SPECIAL AIRWOTTHINESS CERTIFICATE ------------ 09/ 13/ 00
LYCOMING ENGINE- 0-360 A1A 180 HP. ENGINE HAS 500 HOURS AS OF 2/22/10

414 HRS. INSTALLED UNISON SLICK AIRCRAFT MAGS.

OIL AND FILTER HAS BEEN CHANGED EACH 25 HRS. WITH PHILLIPS 20 W-50 OIL AND
12 OZ. AV BLEND

PLANE HAS NEAR NEW MICHELIN TIRES

I CRUISE AT 150 KNTS

HOSES

* * * * * NEW FLEXIBLE IN 2009

* * * * * OIL, GASOLINE, INSTRUMENT LINES

* * * * * OIL COOLER, FUEL PUMP, AND CARBURATOR

RADIOS
* * * * * GMA 340 AUDIO PANEL

* * * * * GNS 430 GPS

GTX 327 TRANSPONDER

MX 20 MFD

GI 106 NAV. INDICATOR

ALTITUDE HOLD AUTO PILOT

CARUS 3000 V. STERILIZER

* * * * * STEC C 1261-17-14 PITCH COMPUTER

* * * * * STEC 0107-5 PS PITCH SERVO

* * * * * STEC 0111 TRANSDUCER

GARMIN 3-4-56 GPS ANTENNA

CI-122 COMM. ANTENNA

IMC INSTRUMENTS

* * * * * 3 1/8" ATTITUDE INDICATOR / ELECTRIC

* * * * * 3 1/8" GYRO COMPASS/ ELECTRIC

* * * * * 3 1/8" TURN AND BANK INDICATOR / ELECTRIC

* * * * * 2 " VERTICAL SPEED INDICATOR

SENSENICH AIRCRAFT PROPELLER

* * * * * PROPELLER MODEL- 72M859-1-83

* * * * * PROPELLER SERIAL NUMBER - 32942

Pics can be emailed if you're interested.

Karl

Karl

You can advertise the airplane for free - including a photo - on the
free online aviation magazine www.av8magazine.com

All you need to do is to go to the website, register for free and log-
on to receive the latest issue of the mag. Take a look at the ads
towards the back of each issue - they are split between ads from the
US and those from Europe. As you are now a registered user you can
send an email to the mag with details of the airplane, and a photo -
they will included for free in the next issue.

There's much more to the mag than free ads - including a monthly
feature 'Reach for the Sky' which spotlights homebuilts and
restorations - so check it out.