Old May 31st 04, 09:13 PM
G Farris

Well, well, well . . .
Leave it to the newspapers and television networks to inform us of such
things.

The truth is, to date, there is not a single NOTAM, AIP SUP (as they call them
here) or TFR posted for that day. I am holding my breath, but as the day
approaches there has not been a single GA restriction posted through official
channels related to those events. There is one in effect close to there
related to the Le Mans automobile race, and another for a military exercise,
but as a full subscriber to all the publications, as far as I am concerned I
can hire a 172 and fly right over them.

Not that I would think of doing so, but there are official channels in
existance to notify pilots of temporary restrictions. As long as these have
not been used, we can only assume either the newspaper report cited here is in
error, or the civil aviation authority has been seriously remiss in their duty
to inform pilots. You cannot expect pilots to glean vital flight information
just by reading the evening paper.

G Faris