Old April 23rd 21, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Moshe Braner

Default New Soaring Software for iPhones - Lufty

On 4/23/2021 9:12 AM, wrote:
This new app for iOS looks interesting and is supposed to be available this month. It will be interesting to see how it compares to iGlide.

https://lufty.app/

That page says, among other things:

"Full-feature Gliding navigation powered by Mapbox
Airspace warnings, airports, waypoints, simply anything you might need
on your route via blue skies."

- the meaning of that is unclear, but I suspect that means it will get
map data "on the fly" from their server? Or will it download such data
at home before flying?

I wouldn't count on a cellphone data connection working continuously
while flying. My experience with live tracking using the IGCdroid app
is that the cellphone data connection is in spurts, often disconnecting
for 15-30 minutes before finding a signal again. That's in the Vermont
and New Hampshire area, it probably differs in other areas - for better
or worse.