Old February 15th 04, 02:33 PM
Roy Smith

In article ,
Tony Woolner wrote:

Saw a Warrior with a Collins radio in it. Never saw this radio before.
Are they very old?

Collins is a very respected name in radio going back to the 1930's. I
wasn't aware that they ever made anything for the GA market, but if
you've got a Collins in your panel, I guess they must have.

Today, their line is all high-end stuff for jets and aerospace (maybe
broadcast transmitters too?). I suspect anything you could buy from
Collins today would have a price tag higher than the value of your
entire airplane.

Their corporate site is http://www.rockwellcollins.com/

They used to be really big in ham gear. As a result, they've got a bit
of a folk following. A few general interest Collins history sites:

http://www.wa3key.com/collins.html
http://www.collinsra.com/
http://www.oldradio.com/archives/hardware/collins.htm