Old September 22nd 03, 03:52 PM
mikem

On 20 Sep 2003 15:14:41 -0700, (Doug)
wrote:

I have travelled to/from Canada to/fromt the US every summer for the
last 4 years. I have a handheld and an airplane with no radio license.
I have never been asked for it, and have never heard of anyone that
has been asked for it. This is a rule that no one enforces and there
is some concept in law, with some latin name, that if a rule is never
enforced, it is no longer a law. So, save yourself some trouble, you
don't need any radio licenses.

My wife is from Alberta. We fly two different aircraft into Canada
about five times a year, and have been going back and forth across the
US border for the last seven years. I have been asked for pilots lic,
medical, a/c registration, airworthiness cert, and proof of insurance,
but NEVER have been asked for a radio license....

MikeM
Skylane '1MM
Pacer '00Z