Old August 31st 03, 12:38 AM
Marco Rispoli

Very good reading!

thank you!

--
Marco Rispoli - NJ, USA
You can read my flight training diary at
http://www.tranceweb.net
Marco,

I've posted this befo if you're on a budget check out this article at
AvWeb:

http://www.avweb.com/news/usedacft/181782-1.html

Check out the section on "entry-level trainer", that's the category you're
buying into. They cover the skipper and the high-wings you don't like.
They also say "why buy a two-seater when you can get a four-seater for the
same price"? I took that advice when I picked up by PA28-140, which is

also
in your price range. Anyway...

The skipper gets fair reviews and you can pick up decent ones that aren't
too old. The tomahawk, which is a near clone, is another story. It has a
few black eyes due to its stall/spin behavior (at least until several ADs
were applied). You'll want to be careful shopping for tomahawks and some
people simply don't trust them (Rich Stowell, famous for spin training, is
one such person, at least that's what he's said in the past). Don't know
anything about the M10, sorry. I DO know that the first M20s had wooden
wings, if that's true for the M10 then steer well clear.

good luck,
mark

"Marco Rispoli" wrote in message
t...
In my quest to purchase an aircraft I came to the conclusion that a 2

seater
could fit my mission parameters AND my budget.

I can afford:

Beech Skipper (goes between 25-35 grands age around 20+)
Mooney M10 (same as the skipper ... but it's older age around 30+)
Piper Tomahawk (same as the skipper).

Are there any other low wing 2 seaters out there that I am missing?
(probably, yes ...)

By the way it's not by chance that there's no high-wings in my list. I

know
I can probably buy a cub for the same price ... I am just not too crazy
about high wings ... I will look into those later, if I have no other
choice.

Thanks