Old September 30th 05, 04:54 PM
Icebound

"ET" wrote in message

...snip...
I predict for that reason alone, the new "Cirrus Killer"
Cessna will fail, not because it won't be a superior airplane, it
probably will be, by the mere fact that it is designed to be, but
because it will not "look" sexy enough with the high wing... no matter
how well it performs, it will still have at its heart, the look of a
150/172.....

....snip...

When I spend 350grand I want people to look at my plane and say ohhhh,
ahhhh, not just pilots either…. A high wing will design will not make me
feel like Maverick on "Top Gun"…

While not very sexy, catering to the masses may be a lot more likely to be
"successful", financially, than catering only to "top guns". You sell a lot
more Chevys than Corvettes. Even a lot more Cadillacs than Corvettes.

When I spend 350grand on an airplane, I won't really care whether people
look at it or not. I will want to be able to carry me and my passengers and
lots of luggage in it safely, efficiently, cheaply, for reasonably long
hauls, and for a long, long time.

Of course the masses have to find the 350g to spend. But then if only "top
guns" have the money for GA, it is doomed anyway.