Old November 8th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dennis Johnson

Default Aircraft Spruce Rant

I'm nearing the completion of my homebuilt, which includes lots of stuff
from Aircraft Spruce. I'm very happy with them. One time, an order arrived
with the wrong length AN bolts. I explained it to customer service, she put
me on hold, went into the warehouse and confirmed that someone had dumped
the wrong size AN bolts into one of the bins. Came back on the line,
explained what happened, and mailed the correct size bolts to me right away.
I was impressed with her initiative; instead of just sending me some more
bolts, she tracked it down, figured out the problem, and fixed it on the
spot.

Seems to me that Spruce is doing it just about as good as it gets.

Best,
Dennis Johnson
Lancair Legacy; first flight by Christmas?