Old January 5th 04, 08:35 PM
John

John wrote:

Ray wrote:

Thanks for the info on the Libya C 130,wonder what will happen now.I know
they keep in storage for years with no ill effects.will be interesting as i
am sure The colonel will be in quiring.

in storage in a dry climate, yes, but Ga is NOT dry, its hot and humid.
lots of rain. I would suspect these birds would be considered scrap metal.
IIRC:
there were pictures of these aircraft posted a while back and they did not look
good.

And If I am not mistaken, the two aircraft in the background of this photo
are two of the Libyan Hercs. the one in the foreground is a
Operation 'Credible Sport' bird..

http://www.theaviationzone.com/image...ymc130h_02.jpg