Old August 5th 04, 07:06 PM
Jim Weir

Default In for Annual

I import switches from the Far East, PC boards from Eastern Europe, and send
components all over the world. I will **ONLY** do it by USPS, as the buggers at
the freight companies charge ridiculous customs fees.

Jim

Javier Henderson

-Jim Weir writes:
-
- Excuse me? We ship our aviation electronics to Canada every week, and have
yet
- to have a customer pay ANY brokerage fee. If it goes through the post
office,
- and is less than some magic number ($US $1000 comes to mind) there is no
import
- fee.
-
- Then again, we mark all customs tags "Experimental Aircraft Parts". I think
- those just get blown through the system because there is no Customs
pigeonhole
- for them.
-
-Jim, how do you ship? USPS? UPS? I shipped some computers to BC a few
-months back, via UPS ground, and UPS had a mandatory $50 brokerage
-fee. Whether this is a real fee charged by Canadian customs, or a
-profit center for UPS, I know not. Note that this were not items I
-was selling.
-
--jav

http://www.rst-engr.com