Old August 25th 03, 08:17 AM
Janos Bauer

One 600M (D-KBDB) was on our airport for 4-5 years. Our airport is
about sea level and 40C is not rare at summer. That DG took off without
any problem all the time. Climb rate was something like aerotowing
(1.5-2.5m/s).
Regards,

/Janos

Steve B wrote:

What climb rate ?

I go a good chuckle out of that!

Maybe I should have re phrased the question to Lack of Climb Rate

Such a pretty thing... but no respect.

Sound like a good ship for a downward sloping airport on a cliff with lots of wind.

"Dave Nadler \"YO\"" wrote in message ...
What climb rate ?

Seriously, are you really going to fly only at sea level on a cool day ?
And what if you hit some sink ? It might be a better "sustainer"...

"Steve B" wrote in message
om...
I would like to find out what the climb rate would be for a DG 600M
with 17 m wing tips... at sea level. Any comments about the general
flying qualities would be greatly appreciated.