Old November 25th 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Voyager

Default Transponder problems with ATC COMS - Video

A Lieberma wrote:
On Nov 24, 7:54 pm, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:

My guess is that its a new C-172 with the G1000 with the transponder
just built in. There is a button along the bottom of the PFD that
brings up transponder options. The transponder is no longer a separate
unit.

-Robert

Robert,

One thing I can say, it wasn't the G1000

I put in my reply to BT it was a Garmin product looking at pics on
Google.

I hope instructors learn from this to take the time to teach how to
stop the mode C. In my training, I never got such training. My
transponder on my plane is the king analogue flaver, just off, stby,
alt and test and turn knobs to squawk.

Nothing to think about on my transponder but when you start getting
digitalized with more options, maybe some basic transponder 101 with
explanations on why you do what should be in order for flight
training???

Yes, instructors should cover things like this, but the pilots should
also read the avionics manuals! Most people I know have never read the
manual for their car let alone their avionics. There is simply no
excuse for this.

Matt