Old March 21st 04, 12:18 AM
Krztalizer

said, the chances of getting a REAL russian plane for the film would be
pretty slim!

"Ice Station Zero" - a flight of four (?) MiG-21 models turns into a
real Phantom as it overflies the submarine.

I have a photo from 1981, holding that MiG 21 model (there was actually only
one - the flight of four was only a flight of one, copied several times). Its
quite large, perhaps 30" long or a bit more. The original model is in a
storeroom today in the San Diego Aerospace Museum.

Also didn't Donald
Pleasence get shot after James Gardner crashed theirs in 'The Great Escape'?

I thought that was a Bucker Bu181 Bestmann (or a derivative), but I
might be wrong.

As Captain Tenneal would say, "Well, you're wrong." (Sticking my neck out
here) I think its a 108. Dern few Bestmanns around. Anyone know for sure?

--
Graeme

Currently Reading: "The Day We Bombed Switzerland" - Granholm

Where the heck have you been, Graeme?

yfGordon
USN SAR

Its always better to lose AN engine, than THE engine.