Old February 10th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.student
Sam Spade

Default If user fees go into effect I'm done

scott moore wrote:

Ps. While I am offending everyone, if user fees begin, a good
start would be to close down the FSS system COMPLETELY, and fire all
of the employees.

The system is useless, redundant with more modern methods, and would
remove an entire line item from the FAA budget, leaving them less
to bitch about. Not to mention letting the FAA know we are serious
about reducing the size of the FAA.

The FSS system should never have been privatized. It should have been
shut down completely.

No doubt about it.

Asd to towers and ATC in general, do you suppose the FAA, or even
Congress, can take on the controllers' union at this point? It is like
the Governator here in California trying to take on the prison guards'
union.