Old January 22nd 04, 08:28 PM
WinstonCup

Congrats, KC.

What didja get?
--
Jay Honeck

I had a feeling you guys would want to know what I chose.... soooooo here it
is.

I bought a Cessna 182Q, 1978 model. dual kx 155's, kln 89 gps (I also have the
196 hand held), kn 64 dme, ADF, A/P, stormscope, L/R tanks and under 2000 TTAF
and recent TOH w/ Millenium cylinders.

I actually take possesion next Friday, the pre-buy, IFR/Static/Transponder
checks & annual are being performed this week.

I chose this 182 because:
1. Useful load is enough to carry 4 people and stuff w/ sufficient range of
fuel
2. Cruise at around 140 kts.
3. Reliability/proven Airframe
4. Maint/parts are readily available (therefore, cheaper in the long run)
5. Radio's were better than late '70s standard issue.
6. Low total time
7. New TOH
8. No Damage History
9. Always Hangared

and # 10..... I JUST HAD TO HAVE AN AIRPLANE!!!!!!!!!!

In my wanna have/gotta have scale, this plane came out a sold 90%+. The ONLY
thing that I am not crazy about is the color. The paint is in VERY good
shape...but the color is not to my taste. So...for less than 10% of dislikes,
I can have it repainted in a few years. Maybe sooner... after I see how the
costs add up.

Thanks again fella's...and I told you...I'm generally a "read only"
participant.

K C
PP ASEL IA ... and now, owner (well, by next Friday anyway)