Old September 24th 03, 03:23 AM
Icebound

Doug wrote:
Hi Flight Sim addicts, has anybody besides me started getting way more
spam to the email address they registered on Google Groups with?
Before I registered last week, my hotmail address got very little
spam, ...snip...

It is possibly nothing to do with google, but with the fact that you
posted to a usenet group (which you may indeed have done via google, but
that is not their fault)... that address shows up as your "from"
address, and the automated sleazy web crawlers pick that off and put it
on their lists.... That's why you see all those "NOSPAM" or "REMOVETHIS"
or stuff like that inserted in addresses to keep the sleaze-balls confused.

--
"The Final 20 percent of the Project... requires 80 percent of the Effort"
---- paraphrased from Vilfredo Pareto (1848-1923)