Old December 2nd 03, 05:08 PM
Tim Mara

unfortunately, I'm afraid that most potential buyers for BG12's or similar
typically "cheap" gliders are there because they are new to gliding and
looking for a cheap glider...and most pilots who would have the experience
and enough knowledge to reasonably safely fly one also have enough
experience and knowledge to know they no long want to fly one.... I owned 2
BG12's back when I was more in the former category....I would not want one
today, nor would I like to see anyone without a lot of experience and skill
flying these type s today....aside from that, you have to remember they are
all experimental, and are all homebuilt, without any requirement to use
aircraft grade material or hardware, without the requirement to have to
inspections completed by A&I's, usually built by armatures as their first
and only attempt at building an airplane, and of course have no FAA support
through the issuance of AD's or service bulletins to warn of potential
failures..but on the other hand, I think a BG12 or a Monerai would make a
terrific Wind Tee at a local gliderport!
tim
"Eggs" wrote in message
news
Hey ya'll,

Any opinions/experience regarding the Briegleb 12B?

As always, I look to the vastness of your communal experience and

appreciate
willingness to share it with others. This is a great group.

Curt