Old August 17th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ktbr

Default $640.00 to fill the tanks...

Anno v. Heimburg wrote:
Isn't part of the point of a government to do social engineering?

For the governments of countries lacking a large degree of
personal freedoms, yes.

For governments such as exists (or should I say 'used to exist')
in the United States, absolutley not. It has been this lack of
social engineering by government policy that has made the US
an economic superpower in the span of 100 years. The Soviet
Union was an example of the failure of a government dedicated
to the concept of social engineering in as many years.

None the less, it seems we are running headlong toward the same
end.