Old September 13th 04, 05:30 PM
Jack G

I remember several controline B-36's in the late 50's - 60's with 6 glow
plug engines and 4 Jetex rocket motors in the pods.

Jack G.
"Raoul" wrote in message
In article , Scott Ferrin
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:45:11 GMT,
(John S. Shinal) wrote:

"John A. Weeks III" wrote:
Yeah, but it was glorious while it was flying.

No doubt. Best I've ever seen, but I haven't seen it all. I
can't imagine how you top that one. Maybe a matching KC-10.

Any idea what happened ?

His return leg on the orbit was pretty hot, and the RC forum
was discussing the wind speed. No aileron on the low wing, with a very
steep bank, and not enough authority from the high wing's spoiler. It
was digging into a steeply banked downwindturn, and it looks like it
stalled and tucked the nose lower. Not enough height to pull it out.

About twenty years ago (honest) there was a 747/Shuttle combo being
flown. Had about a twelve foot wingspan. I'm waiting for someone to
do an XB-70 powered by six turbines.

When I was a kid, I saw a DC-6 control line model with 4 piston
engines. It was painted in Northwest Orient colors of the late 50's.
It was very, very impressive.

I have no idea where it is now because the hobby shop it was hanging in
closed long ago. Sure would have liked to see it fly...

raoul