Old December 21st 04, 06:46 PM
Bob Gardner

Let's read AIM 8-1-6.

Bob Gardner

"Jay Beckman" wrote in message
news:CKRxd.11974$ry.7550@fed1read01...
"Stan Gosnell" wrote in message

I have a home-made lip light on my mike, with a green LED and an
additional slide switch I added after I had to file 3 IFR flights while
enroute, trying to keep the light on with my lip while talking to FSS. I
also have an LED headlight from Wally World that came with a red LED,
which I replaced with a green one. Red is a poor choice for night
lights, and I stopped using them long ago. Green is far superior. The
headlight also has 2 white LEDs, and I use it for preflights, starting,
etc. The green LED that I installed is really too bright, and I seldom
use it. The lip light works very well, though, just enough light to see
what I'm doing without blinding my FO.

--
Regards,

Stan

Stan,

Just curious..

What do you find superior about green instead of red light?

TIA,

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ