Old August 8th 05, 04:51 AM
Roy

I have had hydrazine on me already and it amaounted to nithing more
than having water splashed on you. I hgot dosed with it my a dumb
a$$ed fuel troop when he was working on a EPU on an F-16C, and two
others also got it all over them..Of course the place went into a
panic, they made us strip down on the flight line, butt nekid, the
fire department came and hosed us down and sprayed us with chlorox,
carried us wrapped up in sheets to the base hospital, where they
washed us and washed us some more and took blood tests, and continued
to take blood tests for over 6 months just about every week or
two.......It did not burn or sting or anything else it was like
water....

For hydrazine and also the fuels the Komet used it has to pass over a
catylyst bed which caused it to ignite or actually decompose, and in
the decomposing process it created heat and flame

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 19:34:57 -0400, Scott Schuckert
wrote:

===In article , BeepBeep
wrote:
===
=== (a). any tech manual documentation
===
===Sure!
===
=== (b). any kind of hazmat permits (presuming it uses some toxic chemicals for fuel).
===
===Hydrazine and methanol, according to Wikipedia. The methanol is no
===problem; the hydrazine is considered a hazardoussubstance and probably
===regulated to some extent. (VERY hazardous - i've read reports of what
===happened in WWII when pilots were splashed with the stuff).
===
=== (c). blowing oneself up
===
===Ah, there's the rub. These blew up pretty regularly 60 years ago when
===they were new. I don't even want to be in the same COUNTY with you when
===you try this one...

"The original frugal ponder"