Old July 26th 20, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Grob 104 Main Wheel Brake Cable Repair ..

On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 8:06:06 AM UTC-7, Scott Williams wrote:
I found Venhill USA to be an excellent source for motorcycle cable products.
Large selection of ends, thimbles, housings, etc.
If you can use motorcycle caliber cables, I had great success with their products.
FWIW,
Scott

Gentlemen,

My better instincts were telling me that a simple re-solder / sweat of the end would not be sufficient given the force applied to the cable through that connection ..

Believe it or not, the wheel end of the cable is swedged, so it would appear that this swedge was accomplished by the previous owner and not at the factory .. I'll head to a bike shop for a new cable .. a fellow soaring club mechanic has a swedging device to reaccomplish the wheel end ..

Many thanks for your advice!

Boomer