Old July 23rd 17, 06:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rich Owen[_2_]

Default Location of 2018 18m nationals?

Dave,

Just look at the Racing Calendar on the SSA website. Seminole is happy to host the 18 Meter Nationals. We also would not compete with Bermuda High in any contest that they would like to host. Frank and Jayne do a phenomenal job of hosting contests. They are always well attended and well run. We love hosting the Seniors every year to kick off the competitive season. Last year we did the FAI Sailplane Grand Prix that you also participated in, and everyone seemed to have a great time so we offered to do it again! The 18 Meter Nationals didn't have a home so we offered to host it. That way, if you had a 15/18 meter ship you could fly the Seniors, SGP and the Nationals at the same site. Leave your car and ship in Orlando and fly with us. Or if you are a real gluten for punishment, also enjoy the hospitality of Rhonda and Al Tyler and fly the Region 5 North contest at Perry in April!! If there is a heaven for glider pilots, 9 March thru 10 May will come close. Thanks for all the support you have given us Dave, and I've got your old parking spot reserved.

Sincerely,
Rich Owen
Vice President
Seminole Flying and Soaring