Old July 31st 03, 12:14 AM
Squirrel

Default Boeing Field (BFI) Mariner's Game TFR Question

When a Seattle Mariner's game is in progress at Safeco field, the 3 NM
SFC to 3000 AGL stadium TFR is in effect. This TFR cuts in to Boeing
Field (BFI) class D airspace and the north end of runway 31L/13R. See
FDC3/1862 on this chart:
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/aviation/ima...airAirshow.jpg
taken from:
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/aviation/News/SeafairTFRs.htm

I've never flow into/out of BFI during a Mariner's game and was
wondering what the procedure is. How do I land on 13L/R without
penetrating the TFR? If taking off on 31L/R, do I need to turn
crosswind before the end of the runway? Does BFI tower authorize
flying a standard pattern per the NOTAM?
"THIS RESTRICTION DOES NOT APPLY TO; (A) THOSE AIRCRAFT AUTHORIZED BY
ATC FOR OPERATIONAL OR SAFETY PURPOSES INCLUDING AIRCRAFT ARRIVING OR
DEPARTING FROM AN AIRPORT USING STANDARD AIR TRAFFIC PROCEDURES."

Just curious, SM