Old October 15th 07, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ray Andraka

Default My Modest Proposal to End Global Warming, Revitalize GeneralAviation, and End Our Dependence on Foreign Oil

Jay Honeck wrote:

I could live quite happily without freeways. In fact, given my 6 mile
(round trip) commute each day, I'm considering an all-electric car as
my next vehicle.

Ditto. Although I need one with about a 50 mile range. Virtually all
of our driving is around town, with the farthest points being the
airport and kid's high school which are 14 and 17 miles away
respectively. I've looked at a couple of the conversion kits for VW's
and Hondas, but so far it looks like the range is typically 40-50 miles.