Old August 13th 09, 10:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,rec.aviation.military
Andrew Chaplin

Default Flying an F/A-18 Hornet convertible

"Marine Airdale" wrote in message
Received this in an e-mail this morning....makes an interesting
read.....

---------------------------start--------------------------

snip
I got my letter in after all. I'm getting too short for this ****.

Oh well, statistically speaking the rest of cruise should be smooth
sailing. What are the odds something like this will happen again?

I love planting the seeds of irony.

Thanks for this, it's an interesting story. Just one question: what is your
correspondent intimating by "I got my letter in after all. I'm getting too
short for this ****."?
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO