Old March 29th 05, 07:36 PM
Greasy Rider© @invalid.com

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:27:13 -0500, Ogden Johnson III
postulated :

(snipped)

"There is one item of equipment about which I have a definite
opinion. It is the swagger stick. It shall remain an optional
item of interference. If you feel the need of it, carry it"

At about this time frame there was an incident in my home town
involving a Marine officer, a elderly lady and what may have been
perceived as someone breaking in line at a local cafeteria. Believe it
or not but a minor scuffle broke out. A swagger stick was used either
in offense or defense. Within days I saw that same quote in the local
newspaper.

Semper Fi!
(Don't let the Blue Hairs take advantage)