Old April 19th 06, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default cessna 172 club???

I have had my C-172F for almost 10 years now. It has been a great
airplane. It is /G for filing. I did put a factory OH engine in Sept
2001. I had to wait until the national airspace was open again to fly. I
had 2000 hours on the Lyc O-360 and could not confirm the oil pump AD
situation.

Fun plane to fly.

Ross
KSWI

houstondan wrote:

ok, well, i want to do this right as i'm coming into this airplane
ownership business at almost 60 and full stupid and i guess the
question is "where( other than here, which is pretty good) can i go to
find lots of informed and friendly people to talk to about this craft?
i was talking to my brother (long time owner of
turbo-pressurized baron about this: the 172c is very well preserved and
i feel more like a steward than an owner. i'd really hate to be the guy
who hurts this fine bird after almost 50 years of flying (it, not me).

is the answer"both"? join both groups? sorta seems like a "why not?"
kinda thing.

anyway, big thanks to you who answered.

for you lurkers, thinking of aquiring a craft. i'll try to give back by
doing some reporting on the details if and when i close. i've been
lurking, planning, hoping and getting ready to decide for 2 years.

dan