Old December 3rd 11, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
eric keetels

Default DG-200 Water Valve

On 3 dec, 18:03, "S. Murry" wrote:
Thanks, Marc.

I don't think 1500+ dollars for the rebuild kit is in the cards (1000
euros for the "service contract" + a couple hundred for the rebuild kit,
with shipping). *So, wish me luck as I dig in myself...

--Stefan

On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 20:50:03 -0600, Marc wrote:
On Dec 2, 4:13 pm, "S. Murry" wrote:
John,

Thanks. *Actually, I think the previous owner may have already used the
"vaseline trick", maybe too many times. *I appear to have a
semi-fossilized covering of what appears to be a vaseline/dirt mixture..
*I
think this is actually what may be gumming up the works. *However,
cleaning it from the outside hasn't proven easy.

Well, if nobody else chimes in, I guess I dig in and hope for the best!
I'll certainly post again with results.

DG does sell a valve rebuild kit, which, as I remember, consists of a
replacement spring, O-ring, and a few other random parts. *This did
the job when one of my DG-600 valves started leaking. *I didn't do it
myself, so I can't help you there, and you'll likely have to pay the
DG tax to get hold of the kit...

Marc

--
Stefan Murry- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

Hi Stefan,

Do you have a waterballast system like this: http://www.mijnalbum.nl/GroteFoto-KDTAVP3R.jpg
I changed the spring without any problems. It's easy to do.
The size of the spring isn't really that critical, mine comes from a
friends "collection".
You might find one a regular hardware shop.
I made a photoshoot of the whole operation.
Just let me know if you need more details.

Best Regards,
Eric
(the Netherlands)