Old September 6th 13, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Boring booming days

On Thursday, September 5, 2013 4:04:34 PM UTC-7, son_of_flubber wrote:
I fly in New England and staying up in the air is challenging on the majority of "flyable days". Every so often, we get a booming day (like today) and I commonly end up saying (and I hear other pilots saying), "It was so easy to stay up, I got bored."

So what happens when a pilot who is used to scrapping for lift goes to the land of big, strong, and reliable thermals? Does the pilot get bored? Or does the pilot find other challenges to keep things interesting (like flying 300 km tasks and landing out on top of mountains).

This is a trick question isn't it?

9B - who never gets bored in a glider (except maybe waiting for the start gate to open)