Old July 6th 05, 10:01 PM
AliR

I wasn't thinking that far ahead. I was thinking about approaching the
airport.

As of yet I haven't passed the airport before deciding to call up approach.
;-) But that is a good point.

I am always on the lookout for finding shortcuts, to make my work load less.

AliR.

"Stephen McNaught" wrote in message
Evidently the clarification wasn't clear enough. ;-) It has nothing to do
with your heading, but everything to do with where you are in relation to
the airport. You could have a easterly (90 degree) heading west of the
airport, east of the airport, north of the airport, south of the airport,

or
some combination of those. The heading has nothing to do with what

frequency
to use. Where you are in relation to the airport (what sector) does. If

you
are right of, North-West (320) to South-East (152) of the airport, then

use
frequency 123.75. Otherwise use 119.9 (153-319). - Steve

"AliR" wrote in message
Thanks for the clarifications.

After reading the answers, I was thinking that I can quickly figure out

the
one that I need to contact by finding the reciprocal of my heading in

the
different ranges.

Say I am flying 090, the reciprocal will be 270 which would be 119.9

Would that work in all cases? Or are there odd shaped approch regions?

AliR.

"Maule Driver" wrote in message
m...
What everyone said.

Often you can quickly figure it out graphically by noting the

alignment
of the runways. The sectors will often map to the runway alignment in
an easily discerned way.

AliR wrote:
I can never get this right!
When the airport list's it's approach freq like this
123.75 (320-152)
119.9 (153-319)

does that mean that I should call 123.75 if my heading is between

320
and
152 or the opposite?

AliR