Old February 3rd 14, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default IGC flight replay question

On Monday, February 3, 2014 11:16:32 AM UTC-6, Andrew Brayer wrote:
I have a question though: When I downloaded the day's traces for a field of pilots from a race, it downloaded the flights in IGC replay format, and i was unable to tell whose file was whose. i did see the contest ID on the file names for CAI users, but for ClearNav files i couldn't figure out which flight belonged to which pilot. anyone know how to determine this?

Some contests list the log file name out to the side of the daily results. If not, I took the approach of pick a day, open each file, and make your own "decoder" to list who has what logger. Of course, some of us changed loggers from day to day during a contest.

I have one that I do not like to use on tall days, as it has an ever increasing error with altitude that has caused me a start penalty in the past. Didn't discover this error until long after the contest, and would rather not burden the scorer with a calibration sheet to review my log at and around start times.

Steve Leonard