Old August 11th 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default OT Severe thunderstorm - video

On Aug 10, 8:41*pm, "Morgans" wrote:

If not that, if you talk to your neighbor, and tell him that if your house
gets hit by one of his trees, he is legally liable for your repairs.

LOL, guess you forget where I live, the land of the "lawless" AKA
Mississippi.

Where I took the video spans about 3 lots, one being mine. My lot is
pie shaped, front of the house being the pointed end. Where I took
the video would span 2 other neighbors on the wide part of the pie.

Saving grace would be my house is on the west and north side of those
trees upwind of the general prevailing winds.

I do know learning from experience, the state of the tree determines
who is liable.

If it's my tree and it's alive (all it needs is one pine cone) then
the liability falls on the neighbors insurance should that tree fall
on their house.

Conversely, if the tree is on my property and dead, then that
liability falls on my insurance should that tree fall on their
house.

Suffice it to say, I have had 5 trees removed in 8 years of living
here. 4 of those 5 trees met their maker via a lightning strikes,
Katrina took the 5th one.

How I know this? One word... Katrina.

Give those tree guys credit in removal :-)) I'd get a nose bleed for
as high as they shimmy up the trunk. I'm skeeered of heights!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8tP3pmd6NM